CORTEXR Terms and Conditions
BY CREATING AN ACCOUNT WITH CORTEXR (“WE,” “US” “OUR” OR “CORTEXR”) AND/OR USING OUR SERVICES (DEFINED BELOW), YOU OR THE ENTITY OR COMPANY THAT YOU REPRESENT (THE “LICENSEE”) ARE UNCONDITIONALLY CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE “AGREEMENT”). THIS AGREEMENT GOVERNS YOUR USE OF CORTEXR’S SOFTWARE AND TECHNOLOGY IN COMPUTERS, MOBILE PHONES/TABLETS, HEAD MOUNTED DISPLAY AND OTHER DEVICES (THE “TECHNOLOGY”), ACCESS TO CORTEXR’S PROPRIETARY PLATFORM THAT SUPPORTS THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE TECHNOLOGY (THE “PLATFORM”), AND OTHER PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THAT CORTEXR MAY PROVIDE (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SERVICES”). IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF AN ORGANISATION OR ENTITY, YOU HEREBY REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AUTHORISED TO BIND THAT ORGANISATION OR ENTITY TO THESE TERMS. LICENSEE’S DOWNLOAD, INSTALLATION OR CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICES WILL ALSO CONSTITUTE ASSENT TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT UNCONDITIONALLY AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, LICENSEE WILL HAVE NO RIGHT TO USE THE TECHNOLOGY AND/OR SERVICES. IF THESE TERMS ARE CONSIDERED AN OFFER, ACCEPTANCE IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, TO THE EXCLUSION OF ALL OTHER TERMS.
1. Accounts. Licensee will create an account and select a password and user name to access and use the Services. Licensee promises to provide accurate, complete and updated account information. Licensee will be responsible for maintaining the security of Licensee’s account, passwords (including but not limited to administrative and user passwords) and files, and for all uses of Licensee’s account with or without Licensee’s knowledge or consent. Licensee will also cooperate with CORTEXR in establishing a password or other procedures for verifying that only designated employees of Licensee have access to any administrative functions of the Services. Licensee will ensure that such designated employees do not transfer their accounts to any third party without our prior written consent.
2. Intellectual Property.
a. Limited License to Access the Platform. Subject to full compliance with the terms of this Agreement, we hereby grant Licensee a limited, personal, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, royalty-free, nonexclusive license to use and access the CORTEXR’s Platform and online portal solely for its internal business purposes.
b. Limited License to Use the Technology. Subject to full compliance with the terms of this Agreement, we hereby grant Licensee a limited, personal, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, royalty-free, nonexclusive license to use the Technology for the sole purpose of allowing Licensee to view data (strictly in accordance with our official user documentation) on the Platform, and for other purposes authorised by us in writing.
3. Restrictions. Licensee will not use the Services to create, develop or continue a current or proposed program that is competitive with the Technology. If Licensee intends at any time to institute such a program, Licensee will promptly inform CORTEXR, will not use in that program (whether for advice, review or otherwise) any personnel who have had access to any part of the Technology, and will not use any part of the Technology or any related intellectual property in connection with that program. Licensee will not disclose (or allow access to) the Technology (or any information derived from them) to any third party and will limit access to the Technology (and any derived information) to individuals who are bound by this agreement (“Authorised Users”). In support of this obligation, Licensee will apply at least the same security that Licensee uses to protect Licensee’s own most confidential information. Licensee will not (and will not authorize or encourage any third party to): (i) reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of any aspect of the Services (except to the extent such restriction is prohibited by applicable law), (ii) modify, translate, or create derivative works based on the Services; (iii) except as expressly permitted herein, use the Services for timesharing or service bureau purposes or for any purpose other than its own use and benefit; or (iv) use the Services other than in accordance with this Agreement and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Any rights not expressly granted are reserved.
4. Changes to the Technology. Licensee will maintain 100% compatibility with the Technology and the Platform (including changes provided to Licensee by CORTEXR which will be implemented promptly thereafter). Licensee understands and agrees that we may cease support of old versions or releases of the Technology at any time. We may also automatically update the version of the Services that Licensee is using.
5. Fees. Certain versions or functionalities of the Technology may currently be free of charge, but we reserve the right to make certain additional features, updates or new versions/releases available only for payment. If Licensee chooses to purchase such Services, Licensee will pay CORTEXR fees for the applicable Service (“Fees”). We will not charge you any Fees without your prior authorisation. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, all Fees will be invoiced monthly or yearly and all invoices issued under this Agreement are payable within three (3) days from date of invoice. Past due invoices are subject to 8% interest above the European Central Bank base rate on any outstanding balance. Licensee will be responsible for all taxes associated with the Services (excluding taxes based on CORTEXR’s net income). All Fees paid are non-refundable and are not subject to set-off. Customer Tax Liability. Customer is liable for any sales tax, use tax, service tax, value added tax, transfer tax, excise tax, or any other similar tax imposed by any Governmental Authority arising from the performance or furnishing of Services or Fees to Customer with the exception of taxes automatically added to Customers with a tax jurisdiction in the United Kingdom.
6. Improvements. Licensee may from time to time provide suggestions, comments or other feedback to CORTEXR with respect to the Services (“Feedback”). Feedback, even if designated as confidential by Licensee, shall not create any confidentiality obligation for CORTEXR notwithstanding anything else. Licensee shall, and hereby does, grant to CORTEXR a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, fully paid up license to use and exploit the Feedback for any purpose.
7. Confidentiality; Data Collection. Each party (the “Receiving Party”) understands that the other party (the “Disclosing Party”) has disclosed or may disclose information relating to the Disclosing Party’s technology or business (hereinafter referred to as “Proprietary Information” of the Disclosing Party).
a. Use and Non-Disclosure. The Receiving Party agrees: (i) not to divulge to any third person any such Proprietary Information, (i) to give access to such Proprietary information solely to those employees with a need to have access thereto for purposes of this Agreement, and (iii) to take the same security precautions to protect against disclosure or unauthorised use of such Proprietary Information that the party takes with its own proprietary information, but in no event will a party apply less than reasonable precautions to protect such Proprietary Information. The Disclosing Party agrees that the foregoing will not apply with respect to any information that the Receiving Party can document (a) is or becomes generally available to the public without any action by, or involvement of, the Receiving Party, or (b) was in its possession or known by it prior to receipt from the Disclosing Party, or (c) was rightfully disclosed to it without restriction by a third party, or (d) was independently developed without use of any Proprietary Information of the Disclosing Party. Nothing in this Agreement will prevent the Receiving Party from disclosing the Proprietary Information pursuant to any judicial or governmental order, provided that the Receiving Party gives the Disclosing Party reasonable prior notice of such disclosure to contest such order. Notwithstanding anything else, CORTEXR is permitted to disclose (including through display of Licensee’s logo) that Licensee is one of its customers (including in its publicity and marketing materials).
d. Aggregated Anonymous Data. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Licensee acknowledges and agrees that CORTEXR may (i) internally use and modify (but not disclose) Licensee Data and Device Data for the purposes of (A) providing the Services and any support or consultation services to Licensee and (B) generating Aggregated Anonymous Data (as defined below), and (ii) freely use and make available Aggregated Anonymous Data for CORTEXR’s business purposes (including without limitation, for purposes of improving, testing, operating, promoting and marketing CORTEXR’s products and services). “Aggregated Anonymous Data” means data submitted to, collected by, or generated by CORTEXR in connection with Licensee’s use of the Services, but only in aggregate, anonymised form which can in no way be linked specifically to Licensee or any individual.
e. DATA PROCESSING ADDENDUM. THIS SECTION APPLIES IF AND TO THE EXTENT WE PROCESS ANY CUSTOMER PERSONAL DATA (AS DEFINED IN THE DPA) OF LICENSEE’S CLIENTS OR END USERS THAT IS SUBJECT TO THE GDPR (AS DEFINED IN THE DPA) ON YOUR BEHALF. BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT OR USING OUR SERVICES, YOU HEREBY ACCEPT AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THE DATA PROCESSING ADDENDUM AT https://www.cortexr.com/dpa(“DPA”), WHICH ARE HEREBY INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. For the purposes of the Standard Contractual Clauses (as defined in the DPA), Licensee and its applicable affiliates are each the data exporter, and Licensee’s acceptance of this Agreement shall be treated as its execution of the Standard Contractual Clauses and applicable appendices.
8. Indemnification. Licensee will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless CORTEXR, its affiliates and each of its and its affiliates’ employees, contractors, directors, suppliers and representatives from all liabilities, claims, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), that arise from or relate to (i) Licensee’s, an Authorised User’s or Licensee’s end users’ use or misuse of the Services (ii) Licensee’s violation of this Agreement or breach of its representations or warranties, (iii) infringement by Licensee or any Authorised User of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, or (iv) a claim alleging that Licensee infringes or violates the rights of, or has caused harm to, a third party. CORTEXR reserves the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by Licensee, in which event Licensee will assist and cooperate with CORTEXR in asserting any available defences.
9. DISCLAIMER. CORTEXR PROVIDES THE SERVICES “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, TORT, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WILL CORTEXR OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LICENSEE’S USE OF THE SERVICES. CORTEXR’S LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE LIMITED TO $100. THE FOREGOING WILL NOT APPLY TO DAMAGES FOR BODILY INJURY THAT, UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, CANNOT BE SO LIMITED. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF LICENSEE HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
11. Term; Termination. This Agreement is effective as of the date Licensee begins using the Services and is effective until terminated in accordance with this Section 11. Licensee may terminate this Agreement at any time by removing or ceasing all use of the Services. We may terminate this Agreement and Licensee’s access to the Services at any time and for any reason. All licenses granted to Licensee hereunder terminate upon termination or expiration of this Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, CORTEXR may suspend or limit Licensee’s access to or use of the Services if (i) Licensee account is more than three (3) days past due, or (ii) Licensee’s use of the Service results in (or is reasonably likely to result in) damage to or material degradation of the Service which interferes with CORTEXR’s ability to provide access to the Service to other customers; provided that in the case of subsection (ii): (a) CORTEXR will use reasonable good faith efforts to work with Licensee to resolve or mitigate the damage or degradation in order to resolve the issue without resorting to suspension or limitation; (b) prior to any such suspension or limitation, CORTEXR will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide notice to Licensee describing the nature of the damage or degradation; and (c) CORTEXR will reinstate Licensee’s use of or access to the Services, as applicable, if Licensee remediates the issue within three (3) days of receipt of such notice. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination will survive termination, including, without limitation, accrued payment obligations (if applicable), ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
12. Choice of Law; Arbitration. This Agreement is governed by and will be construed under the laws of England and Wales, United Kingdom, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. Any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of this Agreement will be finally settled in England and Wales, United Kingdom, in English. For all purposes of this Agreement, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in England and Wales, United Kingdom. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis: class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. LICENSEE UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, LICENSEE AND CORTEXR ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
13. Changes to the Agreement, Platform, or Service. CORTEXR may modify the Agreement at any time, in CORTEXR’s sole discretion. If CORTEXR does so, CORTEXR will let Licensee know either by posting the modified Agreement on the Platform or CORTEXR’s website or through other communications. It is important that Licensee reviews the Agreement whenever CORTEXR modifies it because if Licensee continues to use the Platform or Services after CORTEXR has notified Licensee of the modification and the modified Agreement has been posted on the Platform or CORTEXR’s website, Licensee is indicating to CORTEXR that Licensee agrees to be bound by the modified Agreement. If Licensee does not agree to be bound by the modified Agreement, then Licensee may not continue to use the Platform or Services. Because the Platform and Services are evolving over time, CORTEXR may change or discontinue all or any part of the Platform or Services at any time and without notice, at CORTEXR’s sole discretion.
14. Miscellaneous. You represent and warrant that you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S., U.K. or E.U. government embargo or that has been designated by the U.S., U.K. or E.U. governments as a “terrorist supporting” country and that you are not listed on any U.S., U.K. or E.U. government list of prohibited or restricted parties. This Agreement represents the complete agreement concerning the subject matter hereof between the parties and supersedes all prior agreements and representations between them. This Agreement may be amended only by a writing executed by both parties or as otherwise provided in Section 13. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision will be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable. Any notices or other communications provided by CORTEXR under this Agreement, including those regarding modifications to this Agreement, will be given: (i) via email; or (ii) by posting to the Platform. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is given. For notices made by posting to the Platform, the date of such posting will be deemed the date that notice is given. The failure of CORTEXR to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by Licensee or others does not constitute a waiver and will not limit CORTEXR’s rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. This Agreement is personal to Licensee and may not be assigned or transferred for any reason whatsoever without CORTEXR’s consent and any action or conduct in violation of the foregoing will be void and without effect. CORTEXR expressly reserves the right to assign this Agreement and to delegate any of its obligations hereunder.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns regarding the Services.